Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What does "Taking Care of the Goose" Mean?

You may be wondering why this blog is named what it is. My mom gave me the idea with one of her many sayings. She is forever telling me "you have to take care of the goose first."

At first, I thought she meant that I have to take care of myself so one day I would be more prepared to be a mom. I thought "WHAT THE HECK MOM!? It's not in our plans to have kids for a little bit. Please calm down".

Then I realized that I took the words far too literally. Taking care of the goose means you have to take care of yourself before you can be the best you can be in any situation of your life. I need to be healthy, mentally, physically, and emotionally, to be the best wife, sister, daughter, friend, and employee that I can be.

This blog is going to be about the journey of "taking care of the goose" and all that it entails. It's ever evolving so I can't define what the end goal is, but am looking forward to sharing the ride with you! 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *