Monday, July 14, 2014

6. Host a Holiday Meal

Hey y'all! 

Originally when I made this one, I was thinking of Thanksgiving or Christmas, but there are WAY more holidays than that to celebrate! We hosted Easter this year and really enjoyed having both of our parents and one of my brothers and sister-in-law join us! (We missed you Mike!)

In true Bradley fashion, Ryan smoked the meat that we were going to have. He made ribs and a bacon bomb. Have you heard of a bacon bomb? It's basically hamburger meat wrapped in bacon (plus all of his "super secret" spices). Here's a picture before it went on the smoker:

I love that Ryan loves to use the grill and smoker! I make the sides/dessert and he takes care of the main course. Pretty good team if you ask me!

 I made salad and baked potato salad as sides.
 Do you think we made enough rolls?! Ryan and I were eating dinner rolls all week.
 Ryan's mom made her famous baked beans. YUM
 Cheesecake!
 I forgot to take a picture of the chocolate pie I made, so here's a picture of me making it with my favorite kitchen appliance ever.
We make an awesome team

Overall, I would say that our first holiday was a success! It was so fun to spend time with family and get to use a lot of our wedding presents for the first time.

I had an AWESOME weekend in California and can't wait to share the details with you soon! Why was it so awesome you might ask? I crossed TWO more items off of my 30 by 30 list AND got to go on another unplanned adventure.You can check out the original list here to check on my progress!

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *