Friday, July 11, 2014

4. Locks of Love Donation

Happy Friday Y'all!!
 
Many of you may know this, but Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children  suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. I've always wanted to donate, but had some weird attachment to my long hair. I finally decided this April that I was going to do it.

My hair was ridiculously long. I mean, I got to the point where I ended up with it in a ponytail or knot on top of my head by the end of the day almost every day because it got in the way. The picture below is from the morning of our wedding.


This one was a couple of weeks before I cut it.  Not the best picture, but it gives a GREAT idea of how long my hair had gotten. Ridiculously long.

Honestly, I may not have gone through with it, but I had told a few people I was going to, so I felt like I should. I'm so glad I did! These are some long braids!


Ah! It's gone! 12ish-14ish inches donated! 
 Loving the short hair!

This picture was a few weeks ago at a friend's wedding.

 

I'm finally used to it! I do often miss my messy bun that I could just throw on top of my head and go, but I'm so glad that I went through with it and really do love the short look!

I'm traveling for work this week and my team is going to have a few exciting adventures over the weekend. Can't wait to share details with you! 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *