Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Five Favorite Things About Weddings

Hey y'all!

My cousin got married a few weekends ago and it was so much fun! We got to see family that we haven't seen in a while and celebrate the love of two awesome people. Here are a few of my favorite pictures taken that day.

Most of the girl cousins/aunts :)

 Meet Mr. & Mrs. Robinson!
 I hate this picture of me because I'm trying so hard not to bust out laughing, but boy do I love this picture of everyone else

I LOVE weddings. I have been a bridesmaid in plenty and a guest at many, many more. I was thinking about what my favorite thing about weddings is, and I can't just narrow it down to one! I figured I could go with the top 5.

1. The first look - I absolutely love the look on a grooms face when he sees his bride for the first time. We did a first look because I knew that if I wanted to get Ryan's real reaction, a bunch of people shouldn't be around. Also, I thought I might squeal or something which I really didn't think I should do in front of 250+ people. (By the way, I'm 95% certain I did do that). As a bride, you know exactly how you want to look, but the groom has no idea until the moment he sees you. Ryan's reaction was exactly what I hoped for. As a bridesmaid, I love seeing the excitement in the bride's face as she is about to go see her groom and the groom's face the moment he sees his girl. Whether that be seconds before the ceremony begins or before their first look. I watched my little brother drop his jaw in awe of his wife walking down the aisle and it was probably my favorite moment of their wedding ceremony.


 
2. The first time a couple is announced as husband and wife - I mean, do I need further explanation? The very first time your friend is announced as "Mrs." is pretty dang exciting.



3. The Cake - I have a serious sweet tooth. I look forward to wedding cake like kids look forward to Christmas for Santa to come visit. I love how you can see the bride and groom's personalities reflected in the cakes too. I recently found out that the "grooms cake" tradition is very regional (definition: Southern) and many people have never even heard of it! Having a husband who doesn't like cake works in my favor because I get to try both cakes most of the time! Don't worry though, if anyone were to ask, the groom's cake is ALWAYS "for Ryan." I also really enjoy watching the bride and groom cut the cake. It's so funny to see some people be so dainty about it and others just smash the cake in each others' faces.


If you know me, you should not be at ALL surprised that I was telling Ryan to not shove the cake in my face (can you blame me? Look at that mischievous look on his face!).



3. Father-daughter dance - I love watching the father daughter dances even more now that I've had mine with my dad. A daddy is the first man a little girl ever loves. You can definitely see emotions running high during this dance.



5. Having friends and family from all parts of your life together in one room  - Honestly, besides your wedding day, when can you think of a time when most people who are important to you are in the exact same room? Yes, one day there will be baby showers, there are always holidays and birthdays, but that's not EVERYONE. Walking down the aisle and seeing both sides of my family,  friends from preschool, high school, college, and work in one area? It was completely awesome. On the same note, all of my bridesmaids didn't know each other before wedding festivities began. They knew OF each other and many had met, but they were all from different parts of my life (family, college, childhood, etc). One of the guests asked me at the reception if we had been friends for all of our lives.   I asked why she asked and she said "well it just seems like they have been friends forever with how they act." LOVED that.



I could honestly give a top 10 or 20 as there's so many things I love about weddings. I might just have to share more another time. 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *