Sunday, August 3, 2014

13. Get a puppy - Part 1

Hey y'all! 

Have I told you before how awesome my husband is? I've been wanting a puppy for what seems like forever and FINALLY he told me he was getting me one for my birthday next week! Please note, I may or may not have asked for a puppy every single "gift" holiday since we started dating...I think he might have just gotten tired of me asking all the time!

We looked near and far, but when it came down to it, I wanted Hank back. Hank came into the Major family at Christmas when I was in 5th grade. He was born on Halloween that year and we picked him out in November. He was the most awesome dog ever and a couple of weeks after celebrating his 15th birthday last November, he went to doggy heaven.



I know that I can't have HIM, but I figured the closest thing to him was a direct relative. The daughter-in-law of the couple we got Hank from is a mutual friend from childhood. Even though I haven't talked to her in over a decade, I sent her a Facebook message asking if she knew of anyone breeding labs with Hank's lineage. Not only did she know someone, SHE AND HER HUSBAND WERE THOSE PEOPLE! Their dog was set to have puppies within the week.

Obviously we jumped at this opportunity and said we would LOVE to have one. The next day, 8 sweet puppies were born.


Ryan had a chocolate lab, Country, and I had a yellow lab, Hank, so we decided to get a black lab since neither of us had one in the past. I'm going on an adventure to Alabama to pick up our sweet little guy this week!


Blogging world, meet Cash! (You know, like Johnny Cash?) The Bradleys will officially be a family of three on Wednesday night! Not only am I bringing this guy home, I'm bringing two more puppies for other families in Tulsa. So if you see a person driving Bridesmaid's style down I-40 next week, don't be worried, it's just me! 

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llwvmoZXq81qk8xguo1_500.gif

So here's where I need YOUR help. I'm going to buy all of our pet "supplies" before heading to Alabama. What do you think is a "necessity" for us to get or your dog's favorite toy/snack?

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. A furminator! A MUST HAVE brush for a lab! Kongs are great too but they're not a necessity. Congrats by the way, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *