Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thirty by Thirty Update

Hey y'all! 

I haven't been updating on my 30 by 30 list much lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working my tushie off towards some of them! I wanted to update y'all on some of them! 

5. Read 20 New Books Each Year - In 2014, I have read 115 books on my kindle app. Not even kidding! My husband will attest to the fact that on a Saturday I might read three books in one day. You might be thinking "I thought you were studying for some big tests." Yes, I am and have read one book for fun since July. Let's put this in perspective....in 2013, I read 193 books! Most are contemporary romance, $2 or less (free and 99 cents are my best friends) on Amazon and really quick reads, but I love them all the same. Also, you should note I have spent an INSANE amount of time on an airplane/in an airport in the last two years. I would guess on each round trip I make, I probably read about 6ish books.
7. Pay off as much debt as we can - All I'm going to say here is WOW. We are doing great towards the goals laid out and I know we are going to reach it by the day I turn 30! :)

8. Pass the CPA exam - I found out today that I am officially HALFWAY done with this exam! Y'all honestly don't know the joy that this brings me. I'm a glass half full kind of girl, so I am PUMPED about this. God is soooo good! Thank you to my awesome husband for supporting me through this...hopefully sometime soon I will be able to watch football with you instead of studying all the time. Also a huge thanks to my amazing family and friends! I appreciate ALL of your love and support and I know y'all will be rooting for me for the next two exams too!

27. Lose 50 Pounds - Y'all...this one is sucking, but I'm slowly making progress. I'm down 8 lbs right now, but have a long way to go. Time to get serious (right after I eat this chicken fried steak my husband is about to make me). I plan on sharing my progress with y'all more often. You guys hold me accountable! (i.e. I know you read my blog and I go out to eat with you, I'm going to eat healthier because I know that YOU know that I'm trying to lose weight). 

Any goals that you're working towards and need some positive thoughts and prayers sent your way? I would love to do that for you! Just let me know what you're working towards and I can send as much positive energy and prayers your way as I can! Consider these little minions my virtual hug to you, wishing you luck!

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Girl!! I didn't know you found out about your other exam today! HUGE congrats! You are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so so so excited for you. That is the best feeling in the world. You are almost done!!! CONGRATULATIONS, MADALENE!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *