Sunday, December 14, 2014

One Amazing Year Later

Hey y'all! 

I might not get through this post without crying, just warning you! Why? Because one year ago today, I got to marry my best friend. Everyone experiences a wedding in different ways, I'm going to share what I remember from our wedding day. This may also be the longest blog post ever, so no judgment if you don't read the whole thing!

I remember how much fun I had getting ready with my friends. Seeing all of my friends from different parts of my life all together made me so incredibly happy. 


I remember how excited my mom was to zip me into my dress (and me thinking "Thank God it fits!").

  

I remember sitting in the car with my dad on the way to Ryan's and my first look. That may sound funny, but we sat in the car talking about random stuff for ten minutes on the way.

I remember that it was insanely cold and sleeting/drizzling most of the day, but when I stepped out of the car, I didn't even care that I was in a sleeveless dress, because after a year of having my dress, Ryan was finally going to get to see me in it. 



I remember him turning around and seeing me for the first time. His reaction was exactly what I had hoped for (including a fist pump).

I remember how grateful I was for our AMAZING friends who were already fabulous, but got bumped up a notch for taking pictures in the cold with us. 

I remember seeing the ceremony room and the reception room for the first time. It was everything I had imagined come to life. 

I remember five minutes before the ceremony started, that something went wrong. My mom handled it soooo well knowing that not telling me what was going on would make things worse. Everyone was really concerned I was going to freak out and my reaction was "tell them to hurry up and fix it, I'm ready to get married!" (no freaking out necessary). I was so excited all day long. Some people get nervous, some cry, but me? I was so excited I couldn't stand still all day.

I remember standing with my dad waiting to walk down the aisle.

I remember seeing Ryan when the doors opened and walking down the aisle towards him. My dad and I were having a full on conversation down the aisle. Our guests laughed at what was being said "slow down Mad, he will still be there in a minute." Psh, I just walk fast anyway!

I remember saying our vows, exchanging rings, and praying together for the first time after that. Our vows were "I, Madalene, in the presence of God, take you, Ryan, to be my husband. All that I am I give to you, and all that I have I share with you Whatever the future hold, I will love you and stand by you, as long as we both shall live. This is my solemn vow."


I remember being told that Ryan could kiss the bride and being pronounced husband and wife and officially becoming Mrs. Bradley!


I remember our first dance, my dance with my dad, and Ryan's dance with his mom (which his dad cut in on to dance with Ryan - LOVED it!)




I remember telling Ryan to not shove the cake in my face and that he ate the cake because he knew it would make me happy (even though you don't even like cake).


And boy do I remember the reception. We had SO much fun with all of our family and friends. I wish we could have a huge party every year just so we could see everyone!



I remember standing in the reception hall listening to all of our guests call the hogs right before we exited the building.


It was the best night and we are so grateful for every single person who was able to help us celebrate.

In honor of our first anniversary, I have a few more things to add to our vows:
  • I promise to try harder to put the laundry up in our closets after it's clean (I have a tendency to leave it hanging up in the laundry room which is on the opposite side of the house for a week or so - oops!)
  • I promise to make you chicken nuggets and mac'n'cheese any time you want it
  • I promise to try to be the "bad cop" when it comes to Cash more often (surprise, I let him get away with everything)
  • I promise to not get mad when you add a pound of sugar to everything you cook. 
  • I promise to not critique your driving (but only if you make the same promise in return!)
Most of all, I want to restate my promise to love you everyday for the rest of our lives. So much has gone on in the last year and I know the best is yet to come. I'm so happy that your cheesy pick up line worked and that you're my husband! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *