Monday, September 1, 2014

A blue dryer or headache will not ruin my day!

Hey y'all! 

I hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend! We just got home from our first road trip with Cash to Arkansas and he did great!  He might have slept in bed with mom and dad though...I could get used to those puppy cuddles! He may not want to go to sleep tonight in his crate. (I think the larger concern is mom not wanting to go to sleep without her warm, snugly puppy) Oops?

So Saturday late afternoon, I somehow missed a blue ink pen in one of Ryan's shirts prior to starting a load of laundry, so multiple items of clothing were ruined (and of course they weren't just inexpensive t-shirts) and my dryer now appears to be tie dyed blue and white. Um, no offense to anyone who wants one, but I don't really want a smurf themed dryer. In addition to that, I was super stressed out because Cash's crate, Ryan's golf clubs and all of our stuff were just not fitting in my car (please note, I CAN FIT IN CASH'S CRATE with the puppy, and his blankets, and all of his toys, and maybe a pillow for me too, so this thing is in no way small).

The doorbell rings 30 minutes before we are supposed to leave and I think, "who the heck is that? I don't have time for this, I have a BLUE DRYER!". So glad I opened the door! It was the delivery man with my Young Living Starter Kit!!!! AHHHH!!!!


Immediately I ripped that box open and rolled on some stress away on. First, I love that smell. I can't really explain it, but I love it. Literally within five minutes, my panic was much, much calmer. No joke. I am really good at thinking that things that aren't big deals are HUGE deals, and the lovely smell made me mentally remember that both of these issues could be resolved without freaking out. I'm pretty sure that Ryan appreciated my much calmer demeanor as we hopped in the car for a leisurely 3 hours. :)



Sunday morning, I woke up with a headache. Ugh, never the best way to start a day (unfortunately this happens pretty often for me). I drank a huge glass of water thinking that must be the issue. Sadly, it was not. I started to reach for my trustee Aleve and remembered, AHA!, I brought my oils with me! So I grabbed the peppermint bottle and put a drop on my thumb and pressed it on the roof of my mouth. No joke, a headache that could have ruined my day, ended up gone within 15 minutes. That has NEVER EVER happened. Normally I have to deal with it for AT LEAST a couple of hours and even then, I'm having to take additional aleve throughout the day. 



This stuff saved me two ways in two days. I can't wait to see what I can come up with to use this for next! On another note, Cash is getting way too big, way too fast! I mean, look at this guy! He's like 25 pounds now.



He got playtime with my dad and Ryan's parents this weekend, so he is currently passed out from all of the extra lovin' that he received!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *