Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our First Week with Essential Oils

Hey y'all! 


So I have to admit that when I heard about essential oils, I was a tad suspicious. How can these little bottles help with so many things?! I am COMPLETELY glad that I decided to take the jump to try them out. We got our kit last Saturday, so a week and a day ago. And within the first couple of days I saw a couple of amazing things (I talked about them in my blog post HERE). But now we are a week out, and the results are literally dumbfounding. I thought I would share what the Bradley's have thought in our first week about Young Living Essential Oils! 

  • Headaches - The seasons are beginning to change, which means I have had a TON of headaches. One drop of peppermint on my thumb pressed to the roof of my mouth and/or a drop rubbed on my temples got rid of those suckers fast! No joke, a headache that could have ruined my day, ended up gone within 15 minutes. That has NEVER EVER happened.  

     

  • Allergies - As I said above, the seasons are changing, which means I really need allergy meds every single day. Ugh! I tried the allergy trio of three drops of each peppermint, lemon and lavender behind my ears and on the back of my neck and a deep breath of the remaining oil on my hands and almost instantly felt better. It lasted most of the day too. I had to reapply this evening, but I was out and about running errands so I was exposed to a lot of different stuff during the day. I can't wait to make a roller of this! 

  •  Scars and cuts - We have a twelve week old puppy, who happens to have insanely log toe nails (don't worry, they're getting trimmed tomorrow). Cash and I play a LOT, so needless to say, I look like I have had a fight with a rose bush! I'm one of those people that when I have a cut, it's going to take AGES to heal. I've been rubbing frankincense on them twice a day, and the redness is gone on most of them and they are healing way faster than normal (and not leaving scars behind!).
  • Bedtime - Ryan has trouble sleeping, and I often get up throughout the night. We have been diffusing the "sleepy trio" by our bed, and we both have been sleeping until Cash wakes us up in the morning. Valor, lavender, and peace & calming help us sleep through the night! I can't wait to make this in a cream form! 
  • Cash the Puppy! - I'm not going to leave too many details here because I have a post coming up on The Happy Oils Blog in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to ruin that! But until then, let's just say that the oils have definitely kept this puppy mom from going nutso! 
  • Stress - The stress away roller works. Period. I honestly don't know how else to explain it. I go from a 9 on the stress scale (1 to 10) to a 2 pretty quickly.

  • Pain - Ryan hurt his back last weekend. Big time BOO over here. I mixed up a pain cream of panaway, lavender, and peppermint, and he says it helped. I will share the recipe for the very soon! 
  • My happy oils - My favorite thing to diffuse right now is lemon, joy and purification. It makes my house smell so clean and happy! (Yes, happy does have a smell). It really is uplifting and energizing! I know technically this is not the answer to a problem, but I just had to share!
  
That's EIGHT different ways that we have used oils in the last WEEK! I have literally used every single oil except for thieves out of my starter kit! Do any of you have any "problems" that you wonder if you oils could help you with? Leave me a comment or shoot me a message, I'd love to help ya out! 
Hope y'all have an awesome week!
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *